Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

I want to lift up some one very special to me: my mom. My mom came and spent almost a month with us during December and January and it was a super meaningful time to me, to our family and to the church here in Santiago.

Most people go visit their families over the holidays. That's normal. Going to another continent, to a country where the people speak a different language and going with a heart to serve is something very different. My mom came not only visit us but also to give her heart to the church.

In the weeks she was here, mom gave three classes for the "Aguilas" women's group and spent a number of hours with various other women in the church encouraging, teaching the scriptures and counseling people in various ways. She made a huge impact on the church and many people have already asked us when she'll be coming back. We love the church here in Santiago and it encouraged me so much to see how God used my mom, even in the midst of difficult times, to inspire and challenge the disciples here.

Mom, you're an example of faith, perseverance and servitude. Your life never ceases to call me higher. Thanks for letting God use you in so many ways.

No comments: