Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Travels

So its been a while since we've been updating our blog, but I think its time to start writing again.

I'm really excited about all that this summer has in store. I have the opportunity to travel to South America not once, but TWICE!! Not having been there for over a year has made me appreciate the countries, the people and the experiences that God has given us there.

My first trip will be to Asunción, Paraguay. I'm taking four students to be interns in the church there. I will be spending two weeks, the interns six weeks. I believe that this trip will be life changing for all of us. I've never been to Paraguay, but I'm really looking forward to meeting the brothers and sisters there as well as helping the interns to have the greatest impact possible. Below is a picture of three of the four interns. You can follow their adventures at GOsouthamerica.tumblr.com.

Cristina Aguilar, Beto Figueroa, Allan Mena - GO Interns
My second trip will be a return trip to Brasília, the capital of Brazil. We first met the church there in February of last year when our family went to speak at the retreat they had during the carnaval season. We have since built a good friendship with the main couple, Jorge and Ana Cristina. I will be speaking to the church (maybe in Portuguese), spending time with the leadership and possibly visiting a handful of disciples that live outside the city in a smaller area called Goiania.
Brasília

Please pray that God will be glorified in these trips.

No comments: